Whatcom County's Medical Resource
Welcome to the Whatcom County Medical Society website. We have created it to help you access the many services provided by WCMS. We can help you find physicians, provide links to other medical websites to gather clinical information, provide listings of local agencies providing social services, and help mediate problems with physicians. Notice that the index is at the top of the screen. Select any topic by pointing with the mouse and clicking. Your selection will appear in the main frame, this area on the right side of the screen. The WCMS logo at the top left will always bring you back to this page. If you need to contact the WCMS office, then see the information at the bottom of the page, which lists the office address, phone number, fax, and e-mail.
discover the benefits
OUR MEMBERS include health professionals throughout Whatcom County. Joining the Whatcom Medical Society is a way to stay connected with colleagues and to continue to be up to date on upcoming seminars and local health-related information.
- Dr. Ken Gass - Dr. Ken Gass serves as president of the Bellingham School Board, is on the steering committee for Whatcom County Access for Baby and Child Dentistry and is on the advisory committee for Bellingham Childcare and Learning Center;
- Dr. Mark Lindenbaum - Dr. Mark Lindenbaum serves as Medical Advisor to the Alzheimer's Society, performs with the Whatcom Symphony Orchestra and participates in the WSO Music in the Schools outreach program;
- Dr. Brad Bigelow - Dr. Brad Bigelow performs with the Whatcom Symphony Orchestra;
- Dr. Mitchell Kahn - Dr. Mitchell Kahn performs with the Skagit Opera;
- Dr. Warren Taranow - Dr. Warren Taranow volunteers with Soles for Souls, providing foot care, shoes and socks for the homeless;
- Dr. Hank Levine - Dr. Hank Levine serves as Professional Advisor to the Whatcom County Chapter, Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance;
- Dr. Diane Arvin - Dr. Diane Arvin sings with Allegra and the Whatcom Sound Jazz Singers;
- Dr. Jason Stoane - Dr. Jason Stoane serves on the boards of the Whatcom Community Foundation and Bellingham Technical College;
- Dr. Peter Buetow - Dr. Peter Buetow serves on the board of the St. Joseph Foundation;
- Dr. Tracy Ouelette - Dr. Tracy Ouelette sings with the Kulshan Chorus, volunteers with Big Brothers/Big Sisters and the Lincoln Theatre, serves on the Advisory Board for the Physical Therapy program at Whatcom Community College;
- Dr. Marta Kazymyra - Dr. Marta Kazymyra volunteers with Project Education, Inc., in Kenya and serves as Medical Director for Whatcom Project Access;
- Dr. Michael Thorpe - Dr. Michael Thorpe volunteers as the team orthopedic surgeon for the WWU Athletic Department, serves on the WWU Athletic Department Advisory Board, the Bellingham Anesthesia and Surgical Consultants Board, and the Northwest Medical Center Board;
- Dr. Timothy Whitney - Dr. Timothy Whitney serves as an Assistant Scoutmaster, volunteers with Habitat for Humanity and Whatcom Project Access;
- Dr. Helen James - Dr. Helen James volunteers with the Whatcom Humane Society and Whatcom Project Access;
- Dr. James Blackburn - Dr. James Blackburn serves with Rotary and volunteers for Whatcom Project Access;
- Dr. Miriam Shapiro - Dr. Miriam Shapiro performs with Northwest Ballet.
- Dr. Clark Parrish - Dr. Clark Parrish sings with the Whatcom Chorale.
- Executive Director Christopher Key - Executive Director Christopher Key acts and directs in many Whatcom County theatres, serves as Past President of Northwest Ballet Theater, volunteers with The ARC of Whatcom County and Bellingham Theatre Guild.